Do you know how to stop nightfall? If you are concerned about nightfall and its after-effects and you want to know how you can get rid of it you are at the right place.
In this article, you will learn all about nightfall treatment, its causes, after effects and symptoms. But first, let us understand what is nightfall?
What is nightfall and why does it happen?
Nightfall or nocturnal emission is also known as wet dreams. It is a condition where you ejaculate semen involuntarily during an erotic dream. In some cases, ejaculation during sleep can also occur without an erotic dream.
Nightfall is a common problem that affects most young males. And it is a natural thing. Having nightfall occasionally is not a disease. But having a too frequent occurrence of nocturnal emission can have serious implication on your mental and physical health.
Nightfall usually occurs during early adolescent age and in young unmarried men. This is because at a younger age the testosterone level is very high. The urge for sex is therefore also high. Also, this is the age when you start indulging in sexual activities like masturbation and consume more pornographic materials. The cumulative effect of these factors comes out in the form of nightfall.
As we age and get married, the testosterone production decreases and the focus from masturbation, porn and sex shifts to work, family responsibilities and relationships. This is why the frequency of nightfall decreases with age.
How to stop nightfall?
The biggest question that most young men and teenagers are concerned about is “how to stop nightfall?”
If you want to get rid of nightfall because it is affecting your daily life then there are some proven ways to cure nightfall that can help you. If you want to stop nightfall permanently, you have the following options:
- Stop nightfall with the help of medicines
- Using home remedies to stop nightfall
- Doing specific exercises to control nightfall
- Practising Yoga to stop nightfall
Lets dig in to each of these nightfall treatment options one by one.
1. How To Stop Nightfall By Medicine
Occasional episodes of nightfall do not require any medicine or treatment. But if the frequency is very high and you are facing the side effects of nightfall, then you need proper treatment for nightfall.
There are certain medicines for nightfall treatment that can be helpful. Ashwagandha, Shilajit, Salab Misri, Coriander, Fenugreek seeds, Sage, Licorice and Amla are very helpful ayurvedic medicines for nightfall. If you want to use compound herbal medicines for nightfall then you can use NFC1 tablets, NFC2 tablets, Chandraprabhavati, Qurs Kushta Qalai (a Unani medicine) or Majun Arad Khurma (Unani medicine).
How to use nightfall medicines
The following therapies based on the above-mentioned nightfall medicines offer effective control of nightfall. You can follow one or two of the following therapies to stop nightfall:
- Take half a teaspoon of fenugreek seed powder. Mix it with half a teaspoon of pure honey. Take it every night before going to bed with a glass of water. It is an effective natural nightfall treatment.
- Drink herbal tea made with Sage (tejpatta) or Licorice (mulethi) daily to stop nightfall.
- Take one teaspoonful of dried coriander seed powder (dhania). Add one teaspoon of finely powdered mishri (natural sugar). Take this powder mixture as it is by swallowing with the help of normal water. This treatment will stop nightfall within a few weeks.
- Take one teaspoon of Majun Arad Khurma (a herbal paste based on Unani medicine) and two tablets of Qurs Kushta Qalai (Unani medicine) empty stomach in the morning with a glass of water or milk. The same dose should be repeated at bedtime but with water only. Do not take it with milk at bedtime. This treatment will increase the viscosity of semen and retentive power to stop nightfall.
- Taking two tablets of Kushta Qalai twice a day for 4-6 weeks will also help reduce the frequency of nightfall.
- Take two tablets of Chandraprabhavati two times a day after meals with water to get rid of nightfall.
- If you want the best ayurvedic nightfall treatment, then nothing can beat the NFC treatment package. NFC treatment package is based on two different Ayurvedic medicines for nightfall: NFC1 and NFC2. Take one pill from NFC1 and 2 pills from NFC2 in the morning after breakfast and the same dose should be taken at bedtime. It is a proprietary ayurvedic nightfall treatment that promises fast results and a permanent cure.
2. Home Remedies For Nightfall
If search Google for the term “how to stop nightfall”, you will get thousands of results. From nightfall medicine to different exercises and even psychotherapy, everyone tells you a different story.
But it is always a good idea to start easy and then gradually adopt more complicated treatments if needed.
Home remedies for nightfall are the first and foremost thing that you should try. These are easier to follow, have no side effects and do not need much investment.
There are some natural ways by which you can limit the incidence of nightfall. Combining a good nightfall treatment like the NFC Pack with these home remedies will additionally ensure that you get rid of nightfall and replenish all the bodily fluids and nutrition that you lost.
For mild to moderate nightfall the following home remedies can offer sufficient relief:
- Eat light, less spicy food that is easy to digest. Take care of your digestion. An upset digestive system is often the underlying cause of persisting nightfall.
- Avoid sour food items like pickles, sauces etc.
- Regular exercise is helpful in getting rid of nightfall. Engage in physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day. This will help your body come into action and will help release any pent up sexual tension.
- Have a drink of water at least 2 hours before you go to bed. Avoid drinking any liquids thereafter. If you have the habit of drinking milk before going to bed, drink it in the evening instead.
- Pass urine just before you go to bed and ensure that you have emptied your bladder.
- Wear light clothing.
- If you do experience nightfall, relax and do not worry too much about it. The more you worry about it, the more you will tend to get anxious. This anxiety, before going to bed, can cause nightfall.
- Avoid sleeping over a very soft bed.
- Avoid sleeping on bed sheets that feel silky and smooth. A cotton bed sheet should be preferred.
- Avoid pornographic materials.
- Masturbating is a healthy practice that helps you relieve pent up sexual energies and control nightfall to a large extent. If you feel sexually stimulated, masturbate to avoid involuntary ejaculation.
- Do yoga and meditation to relieve stress and anxiety. Meditate for a few minutes before going to bed. If you do not know how to meditate, you can listen to some soothing music or read books that soothe and calm you.
- Practice kegel exercises. These strengthen your pelvic floor and give greater control to your pelvic muscles so that you do not experience any involuntary movements there.
- Taking a bath with normal water mixed with a tint of essential oils is known to give relief from nightfall.
- Always sleep on your back or side. Sleeping in a prone position can stimulate the reproductive system and cause nightfall.
- Drink fresh Bottle Gourd (lauki) juice daily in the morning or at bedtime.
- Amla is another effective home remedy for nightfall. It can be taken in preserved form (murabba) or you can drink its juice which is easily available in the market.
The above-mentioned home remedies are proven effective for controlling mild to moderate cases of nightfall. But if your problem is severe and you need to know more about how to stop nightfall, keep reading.
3. How To Stop Nightfall By Exercise
If you are wondering how to stop nightfall by exercise, here is some good news for you. Doing regular exercises, yoga and meditation will greatly help you in getting rid of nightfall. Nightfall is often caused due to weakness of the pelvic floor muscles. So exercises that strengthen these muscles will help to stop nightfall. The most popular exercise for strengthening the pelvic floor muscles is kegel exercise.
How to perform kegel exercise to control nightfall
Follow the below mentioned steps to perform Kegel exercise at home.
- Lie on a floor and relax your body.
- Now tighten your pelvic floor muscles and hold.
- Count till 10 and relax.
- Do 10 repetitions of this process two-three times a day.
How to locate the pelvic floor muscles?
If you have no idea about which are the pelvic floor muscles, try the following steps to locate them:
- Insert a finger in your anus and contract it. You will feel the pelvic floor muscles.
- Try to stop the flow of urine.
- Hold and prevent gas from coming out from the anus when you feel like passing it out.
These three things will immediately help you locate your pelvic muscles that you need to strengthen with kegel.
4. Practising Yoga To Stop Nightfall
Certain yoga poses also help to stop nightfall. Uttanapadasana (raised legs pose), Brahmacharyasana (floating stick pose) and Kandharasana (shoulder pose) are all considered very good for nightfall. Try practising these Yoga poses daily before going to bed.
How to practice Uttanapadasana for nightfall control
Follow the steps below carefully to do Uttanapadasana.
- Lie on the floor/yoga mat in supine position (on your back).
- Keep your legs straight, feet near each other and thighs tight.
- Keep both arms straight and by the side. Palms down.
- Inhale and start raising both legs together keeping the knees straight.
- Raise till 30% angle to ground and wait till 2 minutes. Keep breathing.
- Bring legs back to the ground and relax. Repeat 5-7 times daily at least once a day.
- As you practice more and more and feel comfortable, keep increasing the rising angle gradually.
How to practice Brahmacharyasana
- Sit on the floor / yoga mat keeping your back and legs straight.
- Keep both hands on the ground by the sides of the hips, palms touching the ground and elbows straight.
- Lift yourself up using the chest and shoulder muscles. The weight of your body should be on your hands, arms and shoulders.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes and return to the ground.
- Repeat 7-10 times.
- Do this yoga daily in the morning empty stomach.
How to practice Kandharasana
- Lie on your back with the knees bent and heels touching the buttocks.
- Hold the ankles with both hands and relax your body.
- Lift the hips up, then the lower back and then the torso as high as you can.
- Only your feet, arms, neck and head should be in contact with the ground and all bodyweight should fall on these parts only.
- Stay in this elevated posture for as long as you can comfortably. Keep breathing normally.
- Return to the ground and repeat.
- For best results, this yoga pose should be practised three times a day.
Nightfall Is Good Or Bad
Having nightfall one a twice a week is completely normal. It occurs when you are in deep sleep during the early hours of the morning or sometimes late at night.
Nightfall is more prevalent in young individuals and as you grow old the frequency of nightfall also starts to decrease. This is because when you are young there are lots of biochemical and hormonal changes that take place in the body. And as you age, these changes settle down, the hormone level (mainly testosterone) also decreases which results in far less instances of nightfall.
Nightfall is neither good nor bad for your health. It does not cause any issues on its own. But if you are having too frequent occurrences of nightfall it may be an alarming sign. Excessive nightfall is often associated with mental distress and physical weakness which are discussed below.
Side Effects Of Nightfall
Most people who experience frequent episodes of nightfall often complain of the following symptoms:
- Body pain especially knees.
- Generalised weakness
- Loss of concentration
- Hair fall
- Sunken eyes
- Dark circles
- Irritability and frequent mood swings
- Premature ejaculation
- Low sex drive
- Erectile dysfunction
- Low backache
- Weak memory
- Stress and anxiety
- Sleeping disorders and
- Testicular pain.
Misconceptions about nightfall
Nightfall has a lot of misconceptions associated with it. Lack of knowledge and prejudice has given rise to many incorrect notions about nightfall. Some of the common misleading and incorrect beliefs about nightfall are given below:
- The most common misconception about nightfall is that it causes male infertility. This is completely incorrect and if you are suffering from nightfall, please be assured that Nightfall has no effect on the numbers of sperm and on how your body produces sperms.
- Another common misconception about Nightfall is that it is a symptom of having erectile dysfunction. Again this is incorrect as nightfall and erectile dysfunction are not related. And no matter how much nightfall you have, it will not cause erectile dysfunction.
- Some men believe that too much nightfall causes a reduction in bone density which is incorrect. Nightfall does not cause any bone disease.
- Another belief is that nightfall is not curable. And there is nothing that can stop nightfall. This is wrong as there are effective medicines available to treat nightfall if you need them.
Causes of nightfall
Having occasional nightfall is normal and does not denote any underlying illness. However, frequent nightfall can be attributed to any of the following causes:
- Prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate glad)
- UTI (urinary tract infection)
- Porn addiction
- Abstinence from sexual activity for a long time
- Hypersensitivity of the gland penis
- Weak nerves
- Reduced viscosity of semen
- Consuming excess amount of diets which help in semen production
- Weak seminal vesicle
- Weakness of kidney and prostate gland
Frequently Asked Questions About Nightfall
Nightfall is neither good nor bad for your health. It is a natural process where semen gets ejaculated spontaneously while you are sleeping to relieve sexual hunger. If you are not sexually active, you may have nightfall more often and that is completely harmless.
Having nightfall once or twice a month is normal. The frequency of nightfall decreases with age. For a 19-year-old married person, the normal average frequency of nightfall is once a month while for someone who is 50 years old the normal average frequency of nightfall is once every two months. Also, nightfall frequency is more in unmarried men as compared to married men.
Light exercise, yoga and meditation are all very helpful for controlling nightfall. Practising certain yoga poses such as Uttapandasana, Brahmcharyaasana and kandharsanan are especially beneficial for nightfall. Kegel exercise is also very good for people suffering from nightfall. Kegel exercise strengthens the pelvic floor muscles to relieve nightfall.
Nightfall is an involuntary discharge of semen during sleep and you have no control over it. Hence, it is not possible to stop wet dreams permanently. You can however practise certain things that can help you reduce the frequency of nightfall. Sleep on your back, urinate before going to bed, eat light food at night, avoid watching sexually exciting things, do regular exercise and meditation to stop the excess of wet dreams.
Having nightfall once or twice a month does no harm to your body. But frequent episodes of nightfall can cause mental distress as well as physical weakness. People suffering from excessive nightfall often complain of weakness, lethargy, knee pain and loss of concentration.
Frequent release of semen does not cause low sperm count (oligospermia). Our body produces millions of sperms daily. And if your sperm count is normal you do not need to worry. Your body will not run short of sperms even if you release it frequently.
Nightfall does not cause infertility. There is no scientific evidence to prove that if you masturbate frequently or have frequent nightfall you will become infertile. Our body starts producing sperms at the onset of puberty. We produce millions of sperms every single day. On an average it takes about 74 days for a sperm to mature. But still there is enough stock of sperms in our body to never run out of it.
This is called nocturnal emissions or nightfall. Sometimes due to sexual arousal, or due to abstinence from sexual activity for a long time we get excited during sleep and ejaculate.
Nightfall does not decrease testosterone level. In fact the act of nightfall in itself is an indication that your body is producing enough testosterone. Nightfall is most prevalent during puberty and early adulthood when testosterone level is at its peak.
Wet dreams have no effect on person’s height. Since wet dreams are mostly found in young individuals and teenagers, there are misconceptions that it affects growth which is not true. A person’s height depends on his genetics, diet and growth hormone. All of these have no relation with nightfall in any manner.
Semen leakage, as the name suggests is seepage of semen from the penis. It can happen during sleep, during sexual excitement and during urination. Leakage of semen does not mean ejaculation. Sometimes, instead of semen only whitish clear fluid leaks out which is known as precum.
Nightfall is a normal thing and does not cause any harm to the body. But if it happens more often than you expect, it can have a serious impact on your physical and emotional state.
Its always a good idea to adopt healthy lifestyle and stay away from things that are known to increase the frequency of nightfall. And if you want to stop nightfall there are ways that can help you with that too. Regular exercise, diet control, Yoga, meditation, herbal medicines and certain home remedies are useful in controlling excessive nightfall.
So now as you know how to stop nightfall effectively, it’s time to be practical and include these things in your daily life.
If you have any other idea or technique that can help in nightfall treatment, do let me know in the comments section below.